Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Constructing a Hampsten Mudpig

Let us begin from the beginning...

I think maybe 4-5 years ago I came across the Hampsten website and thought that their bikes were quite the business. They were totally out of my price range but now that I am not a sad sack grad student, I will finally build up the bike I have been wanting for quite some time...

I started speaking with Steve Hampsten back in February. I still remember the day, Bonus money in hand, I called from my desolate apartment at Trilogy Boston. I told him that I wanted a really responsive and stiff cross frame. There was a flurry of snow outside and the roads were completely frozen. no better time to start planning for cross than now I suppose.


I have owned several cross bikes in the past from which I learned a great deal...

1) Strong Custom cyclocross frame 99-00
2) Bianchi Cross bike 00-01
3) DeSalvo custom cross (now my pit bike and is residing in VA with my friend Ben) 02-Present
4) Specialized Tricross(loved this bike) 05-06 Season
5) Hampsten MudPig 07-?

No comments: