Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Sportlegs Part Duex

Hot hot day today.

I wanted to test out the Sportlegs again today. On recommendation, instead of taking 3 capsules, I took two this time. I was a little bit uneasy about taking them again since the pills bothered my stomach the last time I took them, but I wanted to give them another try.

Last night I did the most insane stair work out. At the Harvard Colosseum, I did 10 reps of single steps, 5 reps of Plyometrics work, and 10 reps of tall stairs. I woke up this morning and my legs were completely shattered.

I was scheduled to do 5 really hard laps this afternoon at the Harvard cyclocross course. About half an hour before the workout, I took two sportlegs and drank a cup of water mixed with Cytomax.

On the first lap, we went pretty hard, legs felt okay, if not a little blocked. On the third lap, we went super hard and I sensed that little tickle in my calf right before it cramps up. But strangely it never did, and on the next lap, I even rode harder. I feel pretty destroyed from the workout.

The stomach is now, 4 hours later, is making light gurgling noises, but overall seems okay. I will try out the sportlegs at a local race in two weeks.

No comments: