Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The birth is near..

A bit too early to start thinking about cross next year. Or is it?

This is a before decal picture of my new Zanconato Cross frame. When I pick up the frame this weekend from Mike, I will post some more pictures and a write up.

White decals will follow...

Possible builds include...

2008 Sram Rival drive train (Although I can't shift the chain into the big ring without making this ridiculous exaggerated motion. SRAM should recall these horrific levers.)

Saddle: Specialized Phenom (Brown)
Seatpost: Thomson
Headset: Chris king(Brown...Maybe)
Stem: 3T Arx Pro
Handlebar: Ritchey Classic Bend Bars
Crankset(Undecided)
Wheels: Easton 70X with FMB SSC or Mavic Ksyrium SSC SL with FMB SSC Sprints
Pedals: Shimano XTR
Brakes: Kore Kross White
Cables: Maxxis Orange

Result: Badass machine.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

you forgot the water bottle bosses.

Yash Katsumi said...

It was an extra $50 to get them so I decided against it.

Especially since Camelbak has something called the RaceBak.

pvb said...

It's a CX machine, forget about them! Looks nice Katsumi. Are there going to be white panels on that creamsicle?

Yash Katsumi said...

No Panels.

A white Zanconato logo on the downtube and just a plane Z on the seat tube.

Also, this will have all of the HUP decals.

Finally, I will glue an Aero-integrated carbon seatmast onto it myself in the basement since Zank did not go for it.

I am making the mold out of paper mache tonight.

NVdK said...

Sweet jeesus that's nice. Beautiful. Go with Force for the shifters-shifts better ATMO....

matt said...

single ring

done

water bottle bosses? c'mon rosey, get real.

Yash Katsumi said...

Perhaps I will Man Up and get a 42 Single ring this year.

Justin said...

what fork did you go with??

Yash Katsumi said...

Linku Shimashooo!!!!!!!

Ima Jitensha no linku ni ikimasu!

Also, I ended up getting a Zank fork as well.

Chris said...

Very nice Yash!

I second the single ring. 2nd best gear change for me this season (1st being my Zank). Make sure you have a 42 and a 38 though. The USGP was BRUTAL with just a 42. I wish I had swapped for something smaller to ride through that bog.

RMM said...

A bike, B Bike, C Bike...count them.
Katsumi has again achieved a level of PRO-ness that the rest of us can only hope to imitate.
Upon reflection, I realize that Yash has taught me just about every style element that I embrace in cycling.

zank said...

ziemba...are you kidding?