Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Ultegra SL Crankset

When I was a super poor student at Hopkins, and just started riding, I had something like a Shimano RSX groupo or something like that. It came on my KHS Aero Turbo that I bought at the Original ATA cycles. The shop was not like what it is now, but a narrow, really small shop with a ton of stuff.

Anyways, during those early years, I truly lusted after the Shimano Ultegra crankset. At the time it was called Shimano 600. It was like $90 used, but I had no idea the hell that would follow as I tried to install it without the proper tools. that is only one of the times I cried during college.



Anyhow, now I am totally lusting after the Ultegra SL Crankset. I can't explain it, but I think I like it even more than the totally perfect Shimano Dura Ace Crankset. There is something so sleek and robotic about this crankset, while not being over the top, and still affordable($150 on ebay new).

No comments: