Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Head Tube Lugs

Today, some delicious headtube junction pictures.

I have nothing else to report at the moment other than that my brown King headset should be coming in at sometime in the near future and Jeff and I will slap those babies on to the Zanconato ASAP.

On a happy note, I just layed down the first coat of Mastik One on my tubular wheels as well as on my FMB SSC tires. The wheels are simple Shimano Ultegra 6500 hubs laced 28 spoke to some Velocity Escape rims. On recommendation of LCC member Jeremy, I had them built by Norm up at Harris Cyclery. These are really well made wheels, and in the future, I would like to have a black version of these made with some Gold King hubs. Maybe next year...

Gluing tubulars does get immensely easier with adequate preparation and experience.

For the Zanconato, I went with all top of the top tube cable routing.




Also, a quick Shout out to the "Punisher from Henniker."

9 comments:

bluedog18 said...

Someone is taking their sweet time building that bike up. ;) Go with a brown Chris King bottom bracket, now that would be sweet.

Yash Katsumi said...

Don't you worry, I have a Ceramic BB for this machine.

zack said...

I can't believe you are already beginning to glue your wheels.

I was just talking to Cary about this, why don't you glue up a set of Vittoria EVO Paves in 27c and have a cobbles/D2R2 wheelset?

RMM said...

Gluing cross tubulars at this time of year is absolute madness.

Yash Katsumi said...

Ah what else is there to do when there is an inch of ice outside and you get a snow day from work!

zack said...

Take more glamour shots of course.

Yash Katsumi said...

I would also mention that on the road, I do not really think it is worth it to ride tubulars. Tires like Michelin Axial Pro 3 and Vittoria Open Corsa CX ride so well and take seconds to install.

For cross though, it is night and day between the best clincher and the best tubular.

zack said...

I dunno, my tubulars roll what seems worlds faster than the clinchers I would be running(pro2 versus continental competition pros).

RMM said...

The weight savings of carbon tubulars are well worth the effort for the road.
If you are talking about box section alloy tubular rims for road, then I agree with Mr. Katsumi's assessment.